Subject: Re: [Leica] Flashing
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 10:28:17 -0400

I was interested in the thread about flash and flashbulbs- I have often
wondered if it would be possible to create a flash tube that mimicked the
burning of the wire or foil in a flashbulb. As an eletronics techniocian,
the circuitry is no secret, but the way the electronic flash works, there
apears to be no easy way to creat a tube that keeps a sustained active
period and still retain anything like a reasonable life span!
It would indeed be nice to find a way to get a flashtube to discharge over a
period of one or two milliseconds, rather than in the one-ten thousanth of a
second!!
As to color balance, I was telling a friend who noted the yellowish lens on
a Metz flash- that I always like the Metz for that reason- The Golden Glow
seems to minimize the Uv that flouresces some dyes, and adds a warmish tone
without a filter on the lens.
Dan