Subject: [Leica] Yet Another Newbie
From: watteau@neurosoft.net (Stanislaw B.A> Stawowy)
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 02:28:20 Lizbona/Warszawa - czas zimowy 0100

( I sent this posting joyfully to owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us .
 OK,  I'm a moron <g>. But note that twas first time.. )

 Hello!

I recently (today) subscribed to Leica Users digest. I want to announce myself
(Digest's Automatic Majordomo unfortunately has no special commands to
do it - invite all LUDers for a good lunch, glass of Beaujolais and so..), so I have
to do it manually.
My name is Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy, I live in Krakow, Poland, since I was
born (16 october 1976).
Now the bad news:
I don't own a Leica. My ersatz-Leica is a old (1948) Zorki with collapsible
Elmar 3.5/50 (a poor excuse) Jupiter 12 (2.8/35, a prize lens),
and Jupiter 1.5/50. I always wanted to have a "real" Leica (even tried to
acquire one on eBay, but, because all I can have is 200$, even a "user"
one is probably out of question (if someone have for example Leica IIIC
body for 200$ or less.... ohh lasciate ogni speranza...)
Or maybe?

I tested extensiely these lenses, also made comparisions of,
for example, Jupiter 2/85 to old "fat" Elmar 4/90. If someone
is interested, I will put some of my observations in next Digest.

PS
I spotted here in Krakow black Leica R3 body, working, very good
condition - I saw no markings/scratches - for under 800 US$.
If someone is interested, please contact via email

						Best regards
							St.
					(watteau@neurosoft.net)

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Yet Another Newbie)