Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 - to anyone
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 15:33:04 -0400

At 11:55 AM 10/4/00 -0700, you wrote:

>I just purchased an M6 but have no instructions.  It certainly is not like
>my M4.  Does the camera automatically read the asa from the film cartridge?

No, you have to set the film speed on the dial on the top left.

>  Does the meter automatically choose a shutter speed based on the f-stop I
>turned to on the lens?

The M6 has a built-in light meter.  It does not have automatic
exposure.  You set the shutter speed and the aperture until the lights in
the viewfinder indicate that the exposure is correct.

>   Also I cannot find the serial number anywhere.  Did
>Leica stop doing this?

It should be on the hot shoe.

>  How can I inactivate the metering system when doing
>special effects?

It is not automatic, so you don't need to inactivate it.  If you want to
turn off the meter anyway, take out the batteries.

>  Does the speed automatically change to a lower one when
>using flash?

No.  You will have to set the shutter speed.

>  How can I obtain an instruction book.  E-mail to Leica
>resulted in NO response.

There are some places on the internet that specialize in camera instruction
books.  If I can find one, I'll send the URL.

Have fun with your M6.  It's a great camera.

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com