Subject: RE: [Leica] M6 - to anyone
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 15:30:05 -0400

Hi, Allen - Congrats on your new indedtedness!

  Does the camera automatically read the asa from the film
> cartridge?

No. Set the ASA on the dial on the back of the camera.

Does the meter automatically choose a shutter speed based on the f-stop I
> turned to on the lens?

No. The exposure system is not automated in any way - it is just a light
meter. Period. Turn the shutter speed dial, you will see the over/under
exposure lights change. Change the f stop, the same thing will happen. Use
either one to get BOTH arrows glowing

 Also I cannot find the serial number
> anywhere.  Did
> Leica stop doing this?

Look on the top on the shoe.

  How can I inactivate the metering system
> when doing
> special effects?

It shouldn't make any difference - but if it does, take out the battery.

 Does the speed automatically change to a lower one when
> using flash?

No. Set the shutter speed dial to the 1/50th position when using flash.

  How can I obtain an instruction book.  E-mail to Leica
> resulted in NO response.

Welcome to modern Leicaland....Someone else can answer the instruction book
question.

By the way, when not using the camera, turn the shutter speed dial to B to
turn off the metering system and avoid draining batteries....

B. D.

http://www.a-day-in-our-life.com
A Day In Our Life...
Documentary Photography