Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 - to anyone
From: jsaravia@zeus.uniandes.edu.co
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 14:14:54 -0500 (GMT+5)

At 11:55 a.m. 04/10/00 -0700, you wrote:

>I just purchased an M6 but have no instructions.  It certainly is not like
>my M4.  Does the camera automatically read the asa from the film cartridge?
NO
> Does the meter automatically choose a shutter speed based on the f-stop I
>turned to on the lens?
NO
 Also I cannot find the serial number anywhere.  Did
>Leica stop doing this?
NO
  How can I inactivate the metering system when doing
>special effects?
IGNORE IT ( OR TAKE THE BATTERIES OFF THE CAMERA)
  Does the speed automatically change to a lower one when
>using flash?
M6 HAS MECHANICAL SHUTTER.
  How can I obtain an instruction book.  E-mail to Leica
>resulted in NO response.
>
>Allan

MY ONE CENT

Jorge Saravia.