Subject: [Leica] Kenya and long lens
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 14:24:57 -0400

LUGnuts -

I will be in Kenya for three weeks in December.  While my main focus will
be people, I know I won't be able to resist trying for some photos of the
wildlife there.  The longest lens I have is a 135 for my M's.  I do have
the 100 Macro/Apo for the R and the 2x extender.  I would like to add a
longer lens but I don't want to spend a lot of money.  This will be lens
that won't get much use probably.  That excludes the new modular system
lenses for the R's.  Can you recommend a good, older long lens for the R or
should I look at the Viso system for the M?

On another subject, I have read so many warnings about muggings and robbery
in Kenya that I wonder if it is safe to carry my cameras on the street.  I
know a lot of the warnings about developing countries are exaggerated and I
know to use common sense about not going in bad neighborhoods after
dark.  Has anybody been to Kenya lately?  What do you think?

Thanks -

Tina
Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com