Subject: Re: [Leica] JPEG or TIFF
From: Austin Burbridge <Austin.Burbridge@Alumni.Brown.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 10:13:03 -0700

Jonathan, Save the file in Tag Image File Format (TIFF) to work with
it in Photoshop. TIFF preserves all the information.

After you've edited the TIFF/Photoshop file. If you plan to email the
picture, or post it to the World Wide Web, Photoshop>File>Save a
copy... in JPEG format. JPEG format discards information as it
compresses the file. This is called "lossy compression": the more
compression, the more information discarded, and the lower the
quality.

Hope this helps,

A U S T I N .

Email: austin.burbridge@alumni.brown.edu