Subject: Re: [Leica] JPEG or TIFF
From: Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 13:06:29 -0400

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000 12:20:55 -0400 , "Lee, Jonathan"
<Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca> wrote:

>Luggers,
>
>I am just trying out a HP S20 scanner.  The software allows me to save files
>in either TIFF or JPEG format. Is there any advantage in using one or ther
>other, assuming the color and BW images will be exported to Photoshop for
>manipulation and output.
>
>Jonathan Lee

Use TIFF if you're going to bring it into PS.  TIFF data is
unmanipulated raw data, whereas JPEG always gets some degree of
massaging (i.e. compression) resulting in data loss.  If you want
JPEGs, create them in PS after you've done your corrections.

Paul