Subject: Re: [Leica] Color vs B&W
From: Austin Burbridge <Austin.Burbridge@Alumni.Brown.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:21:33 -0700

On paper, black-and-white. On screen, color.

I find monochrome on a screen to be thin, in the same way that
black-and-white in a movie looks richer to me when it is printed onto
color stock.

Color on photographic paper has not the 'depth' of color oil-paints
on canvas, where the light reflects through layers of paint and
varnish, giving it lumniosity.

On the other hand, there's nothing so rich as a gorgeous monochrome print.

My 2c,

A U S T I N .

Email: austin.burbridge@alumni.brown.edu

WWW: http://sprezzatura.net -- Every day, an original picture, a