Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Second camera to keep in the car? Thanks to all for the help!
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 11:22:42 -0400

>     Instead of getting the Nikon maybe I will just get another M6 so
> that I can keep B&W in one body and chrome in the other. Another
> piece of Leica gear? Will this madness never end!
>
>  --> Whatever model you decide upon,
>  make sure you never forget that a glove compartment
>  is a film killer when it gets above 120-150 degrees F
>  in there. I lost a roll of fantastic shots in a Rollei 35.
>
>  A Leica in a car better be darn well concealed...
>
>  Do you know of some sort of Thermos container bag
>  or instrument type box (I forget the brand, they're yellow
>  and can go underwater too, Pelikan?) that could sit
>  under the passenger's seat ?
>
>  How lucky are you to be able to afford a Leica
>  just for handiness, sitting idle in a car ! Eeeeeek!
>
>  As for me, I'd consider a Ricoh GR1 and keep it in my
>  professional document case or business suit inner
>  pocket.
>
>  A J Q

Also consider an Olympus Stylus P&S with 35mm/2.8 fixed lens. I have been
carrying mine around with Delta 400 doing street photography and the blowups
to 8x10 are very sharp. Camera is cheap, about $90 at B&H.

Steve
Annapolis

Replies: Reply from D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg> (Re: [Leica] Second camera: cheap, high-value P&S)
Reply from Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com> ([Leica] Second camera: cheap, high-value P&S)