Subject: Re: [Leica] Bouncing baby M6 TTL
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 15:37:16 -0400

Dan K wrote:

>Frankly with my M6, I have actually forgotten about incident metering
as I
>think the M6 meter does a good job with in-camera metering.

>Why would you want to use a flash with a 15mm Heliar lens?? No flash
within
>the Leica fold would give you that degree of coverage anyway.

Hi Dan,

 I think you are right about the meter. I was worried about the
discrepency with my Minolta meter, but today I shot a test roll on E6 &
the results were spot on. End of problem.

About flash with the Heliar. John Collier is exactly correct about bare
bulb with my Quantum T2. That's my preferred way to do flash anyway. I
have found that in a large room when I need to throw the light a bit
further the regular reflector with the clip-on wide angle diffuser that
came with it also works well. Theoretically, the reflector/diffuser kit
should vignette with the 15mm, but in practice I find it doesn't. Love
that Quantum!

Simon Stevens