Subject: Re: [Leica] Black or Silver M6 TTL
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 20:27:39 -0600

I hear this all the time on this list but it flies in the face of my
shooting experience. I have had both silver chrome and black chrome M
cameras and the black chrome cameras get noticed and commented on far more
often than the silver chrome cameras. In HCB's day all cameras were silver
chrome and to have a black one, by paint or by tape, would make it
unrecognisable to the then general public. Our general public is conditioned
by television into thinking that black chrome (or plastic) cameras are
"professional". People who no nothing at all about cameras, ask questions
about my black chrome M as it is a "serious" camera. If you are shooting in
the "Western" world, the best choice is silver chrome.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Austin Burbridge <Austin.Burbridge@Alumni.Brown.edu> (Re: [Leica] Black or Silver M6 TTL)
Reply from Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net> (Re: [Leica] Black or Silver M6 TTL: spellun)