Subject: Re: [Leica] My M6 TTL drains battery even when off!
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 18:07:22 -0600

The TTL has two small test contacts under the regular contacts in the
battery compartment. Sometimes, vibration during transport, these contacts
work their way up until they contact the battery and cause a drain even if
the camera is turned off. The best thing to do is push the contacts down
with the tip of a ball point pen and then put a small piece of black tape
under the main contact covering these two troublesome contacts (Thanks to
Tom A. for passing this on to us). It was the first thing that I did to my
TTL and I have had no problems at all. To test for a draw, just install the
battery, leaving the cover off and complete the circuit with a
milli-ammeter. Here is a link to the message in the archives on what I found
with my Fluke meter:

http://mejac.palo-alto.ca.us/leica-users/v17/msg07164.html

John Collier