Subject: Re: [Leica] Lenses Old & New
From: "David Kieltyka" <daverk@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 23:31:11 -0400

Joe Sobel <Krechtz@aol.com> wrote:

> At what apertures and distances do you generally use
> the lens [50mm f/3.5 Elmar] for the project described
> [photographing derelict buildings] and with what film(s)?

The lens is usually at f/4 or 5.6. (This particular Elmar–an LTM lens, by
the way, mounted on my M2 via adapter–goes from f/3.5 to f/16.)
Distance...almost always within three meters, rarely further out than five
or six. Film...Ilford XP2 Super, rated at EI 200. I used my 35 Summicron for
awhile on the same project (an on-going hobby thing) but lately have been
sticking with the Elmar due to the flatter look and narrower field-of-view.

- -Dave-