Subject: Re: [Leica] Pensees (some answers)
From: Kevin H <kevin@2image.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:10:19 -0400

Krechtz@aol.com wrote:

> Thought I would take a quick shot at this.
>
> Joe Sobel
>
> In a message dated 9/22/00 6:55:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dante@umich.edu
> writes:
>
> <<
>  1.      If Leicas have a theoretically unlimited life, even if digital
>  did not take over, would prices eventually come down on used gear anyway
>  - it would seem that with an unlimited number of M6s to be produced,
>  there would be a glut.>>
>
> I'm no economist, but the law of supply and demand would seem to hold that a
> hypothetical unlimited supply of items having eternal life presents an
> obstacle to maintenance of high prices for such items.

Yes, but there is an hypothetical unlimited number of Limited Edition /
Commemorative editions that could be created. This will guarantee future sales of
cameras at 'healthy' profit margins.  I can't wait for a Kandy Kolored Tangerine
Flaked model, which I'm sure is in the M6 future . . .you know, the Tom Wolfe
Edition. . .
K.