Subject: [Leica] 35 Summicrons (was Re: Voigtlander Ultra-Wide - Heliar 12mm f/5.6 Aspherical)
From: "Ogilvie, Simon" <sogilvie@adaptivebroadband.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:15:43 +0100

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 at 11:03:36 EDT, Joe Sobel asked:

><< I "upgraded" my old 35mm
> Summicron for a new Aspheric one yesterday at a local camera
> fair, and that was a hard one to justify to my wife.  >>
>
> How did she find out?

Well, I told her... :-)  I guess she'd never have
noticed if I hadn't told her, but that wouldn't be
very honest would it!  She's a photographer herself
so she would understand a convincing photographic
argument, but I'm struggling to concoct one...
What it boils down to is this:

Exactly how much "better" is the 35 Summicron ASPH
than the previous non-ASPH, and in what areas is
it considered "better"?

Simon.

Replies: Reply from chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson) (Re: [Leica] 35 Summicrons (was Re: Voigtlander Ultra-Wide - Heliar 12mm f/5.6 Aspherical))
Reply from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> (Re: [Leica] 35 Summicrons (was Re: Voigtlander Ultra-Wide - Heliar 12mm f/5.6Aspherical))