Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 Summicrons (was Re: Voigtlander Ultra-Wide - Heliar 12mm f/5.6 Aspherical)
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 08:35:13 -0700

It's better wide open, meaning sharper pictures in available-light
situations, the raison d'etre of the M camera. I've also found it more
resistant to flare and ghosting when shooting contre jour. That's the extent
of my French, but it might impress her. If you need anything in Latin, try
res ipsa loquitur. Stay away from ipse dixit (a judge cranked that one out
during oral argument yesterday, and it was the first time I'd heard it since
first-year Contracts; fortunately, it was directed at my opponent).

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.