Subject: Re: [Leica] Price of the 0-Series & Japanese Sex Dolls
From: "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 21:12:11 -0700

Apparently many do.  As many as 8000 signed up to pay over $5000 US for a
new production of Nikon S3.  They could not really be called replicas, as
they are being produced by Nikon itself, with some of the original toolings,
though some of the toolings had to be remanufacturered from the original
drawings, and certain concessions to modern technology were made (eg.
multi-coating)

I wonder what the camera cost back in 20's in today's Marks.  I am willing
to bet that these replicas are less expensive than the originals.

Replies: Reply from "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com> (Re: [Leica] Price of the 0-Series & Japanese Sex Dolls)