Subject: Re: [Leica] Price of the 0-Series & Japanese Sex Dolls
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 19:21:01 -0700

From: <MGMcGough@aol.com>
>   Why would anyone pay that kind of money for a replica of an
>   obsolete camera?  Isn't that like paying big bucks for a copy
>   of a Ford Model "A".

Because some may find it to be fun, and just might appreciate in value as
well, or at lest not depreciate.  If Ford came out with a Model A that is a
near exact copy of the original, it would cost a lot more than $2495 I am
sure, and there would be a number of people in line to buy one!  It would be
about as practical for transportation as the 0 is for photography.

 I guess that it is something like "if you
>   can't have the real thing - a replica will do" & the Japanese
>   used to sell inflatable, poly-orificed sex dolls for that ilk.

Never heard of such things, so I would have to defer to your experience with
them!  ;-)