Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux comparison to `lux & `cron?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 08:52:12 -0600

Matt,

I have been following this thread and here are some links you may find
interesting:

http://www.cameraquest.com/classics.htm

http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/leicahome.html

The following statements may help (not including the 50/2.8):

The summicron has the best quality at f2 of all the 50s.
The summicron will not go to f1.
The summicron is the lightest of the three 50s.
The summicron is the cheapest of the three 50s.

Do you photograph often in very low light? Noctilux.
Is weight and volume a consideration? Summicron.
Are both the above statements true? Summilux
Would you rather buy a two different f2 focal length lenses than one f1
lens? Summicron.

I hope this helps as there will be no easy answers from us for your problem.

John Collier