Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux comparison to `lux & `cron?
From: Steve Beyer <steve@beyerphoto.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 08:41:20 -0400

Hi Matt,
    No one can tell you which lens is better.  Each has their place
depending on circumstances.  I have opted the Noctilux and the Summicron.
The Summicron is small, light, and easy to handle.  If you are not shooting
wide open this lens makes more sense but the Noctilux produces amazing
pictures wide open.  You will get pictures you never thought possible.  I
had the 75 Sumilux and I found two larger lenses was simply more that I
would carry.  I also found myself having trouble using the 75 frame lines
since they are very close to the 50. I liked the Noctilux better and it had
even 1 more stop of speed. I opted for the 90 ASPH Summicron and the
135Telyt for my longer glass.  The problem with seeking advise is everyone
has their own favorites. If there is a specific look, I would recommend that
you go to your dealer and take a few pictures or find examples from others
who have used the lens you are considering.

Steve