Subject: [Leica] Just got the Apo-Summicron-M 90 ASPH!
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:23:44 -0700

Just got my new Apo-Summicron-M 90 ASPH from ups from Keyser and Soze in San
Francisco!:) at 8:45 this morning.
http://www.kandsphoto.com/activepages/main.html
I ordered it Friday, None here at Camera World where i like to avoid stress and
buy over the counter.
Now i have to take pictures with the damn thing!
It's so bright and clear when i look thought the view finder!!.
a different beast than my 90 Elmarit.
The Apo-Summicron less of a "Let's go out and take a long photo walk!" kinda lens.
I took the grip off the body so it would be the same as my other body with the
Elmarit on it.
It definitely turns you camera into a different kind of beast.
I put the grip (the Leica grip) right back on again.
This lens is an argument for a grip, glad i got the grip ahead of time!
the Elmarit seems to block about 10 percent of the corner of the 90 frame; the
Apo-Summicron seems to block about 15 percent. I can live with that easily.
I've used my 90 a bunch this week shooting 3 street rolls of Kodachrome 200 and
2 Kodachrome 64. I got a lot more flare than I'd care to. In the studio as well
with Delta against the white backdrop.
With the  Apo-Summicron being a bigger chunk of front glass (55 filter vs 46)
it's not a big candidate for less flair. But I'm expecting it to be anyway.
I'm not expecting too much, just the greatest lens in the history of the known
universe as we know it.
Anything less and I'll surprised and disappointed.
It looks gorgeous on the camera! Makes the Elmarit look too skinny!
This is a real guy thing I guess!
Mark W. Rabiner
:)

"I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the
only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze

There's nothing that can't be done.

Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right
off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station.

from "The Usual Suspects"

Replies: Reply from ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com> (Re: [Leica] Just got the Apo-Summicron-M 90 ASPH!)
Reply from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> (Re: [Leica] Just got the Apo-Summicron-M 90 ASPH!)