Subject: Re: [Leica] Features or basics
From: "Athanasios T. Seliotis" <selioti@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 22:38:18 -0400

You know, after 20 years I have got to the point that I don't trust light meters
anymore.  I still use a spot meter with my large format cameras but that is only
because I develop each negative one at a time and so have more control over
contrast.  I very rarely take pictures of subjects where the whole scene
corresponds to an 18% grey.  I have taken to walking the streets with a couple
of barnack leicas, one with colour slide film, the other with Tri X.  Not having
the technology to rely on allows me to be more experimental because nothing
beeps or blinks to tell me I'm wrong.

Athanasios Seliotis