Subject: Re: [Leica] Which Leica M6 should I buy?
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 12:35:40 +0100

>I just wanna say that landscapes are not really a wide angle thing so much.
>Lots of landscapes, when you get out there, end up done on a normal or short
>tele lens.
>I was reluctant us shoot landscapes with my Hasselblad because all I had
>was a 150
>when a few years later i added a normal and wide angle lens I took that
>Hasselblad system out.
>Ended up using the old 150(c) for the majority of my shots.
>
>The framelines for a 50 in an M6 .58 are going to look positively telephoto.
>They do already with the .72
>someone who wants to do landscapes I'd recommend the .72.
>I've shot lots and lots of landscapes with both my 90 AND my 135.
>Lots of land is OUT there! you need some REACH! You don't want the road your
>standing on!
>Mark William Rabiner

i've also come to this conclusion: my first impulse for landscapes was a
wide angle, which really minimized the impact of the image, 'cause
everything interesting got removed to the background. i much prefer using a
50 for landscapes, though i'll occasionally use a 35, if i need to get a
little more of the 'sides' in the picture.

the wide angle landscape seems to work best for me when there's interesting
foreground stuff i want to include.

guy