Subject: [Leica] black body/silver lens
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 12:33:08 +0100

>How useful is the TTL really?
>
>My highest determining factor for getting the M6 was price.
>And I have only bought used lenses, and I've got as many
>chrome lenses as black ones.  I wish my M6 were chrome,
>not black.  A chrome lens on a black body just doesn't look
>right.
>
>Vick

ah vick,

so thought i, until i picked up a lomo 8m last year. it's got a black
plastic body and a chrome (all right, some sort of silver metal) lens that
looks mighty sharp (as do the pictures - no kidding!). made me reconsider
that color combination.

my m6 is chrome, as are my lenses (i like the extra weight). however, i'm
contemplating (translation: want but cannot yet afford) a second body and
am hovering between an m2 and the new 0.58. don't yet know which i'll
choose, but if it's the m6, i'll get a black one, if it's the m2 i'll have
it painted black. looks pretty snappy with a chrome lens mounted, and will
also help me remember which camera's got the faster/slower film in it!

ho!

guy