Subject: Re: [Leica] Which Leica M6 should I buy?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 08:42:01 -0600

This is a personal question that only you can answer but here are a few
questions that may help.

Do you wear glasses?

Your normal lens is?

How do you feel about separate viewfinders?

Will you shoot long fast lenses wide open?

For me (good eyesight, 35mm, like 'em and yes) the best compromise was the
standard 0.72 finder. My newish (only 60 or so rolls though it so far)
M6-TTL version has a wonderfully accurate meter and has had no problems so
far. My only advice, contrary to most people's on the Leica-users, is to
consider the chrome finish cameras. The chrome finish seems to be more
durable and also less conspicuous than the black finish. I know the last
statement sounds counter intuitive but, having had both, the difference in
people's reactions was quite pronounced. The chrome cameras have black
writing that does not "pop" like the white on the black cameras does and I
would swear that the even the infamous red dot seems muted.  Also, the
public has seen enough movies to equate black with professional. My chrome
cameras get me written off as a quaint eccentric.

So good luck with your choice and, as you soon find out, the budget killers
are not the bodies but all those gorgeous, expensive and fast lenses you
will be wanting!!

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net> ([Leica] black body/silver lens)
Reply from Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Which Leica M6 should I buy?)