Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica products availabilty
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 13:35:32 +0100

>The tradition of Leica in the last decennium of the previous century is that
>actual delivery is way behind announced dates.
>For the M6 0.58 (I handled one for a longer period: excellent body for 24,
>28, 35  and Tri-Elmar: finder is improved versus the normal M6, a shade more
>more flare than the Konica, but much brighter) I expect hands on delivery at
>the end of the year at the earliest.
>[snip]

erwin,

how is the new 0.58 better for the 24? we've recently heard from one lugger
(b rosenaur?) that it does not have framelines for the 21 or 24 as many
hoped, but simply offers a wider view, thus providing some eye relief and
making the 28 framelines more visible for glasses wearers like myself.

presuming this is correct, the only advantage i could see is that you will
get more of what the 24 will capture in the vf, though you won't see it all
and you won't be able to frame it precisely. that would not be enough to
persuade me to choose the 0.58 as a second body. if on the other hand the
new m6 will have framelines for the 24, i will undoubtedly choose that
model when the time comes to pick up a second body (and the time is
coming): i for one will be glad to no longer have to mount the finder every
time i want to use the 24.

any info you could supply on the subject will be most appreciated by me, my
bank, and credit card company, though my wife may not appreciate it.

thanks.

guy

Replies: Reply from khmiska <khmiska@umich.edu> (Re: [Leica] Leica products availabilty)