Subject: [Leica] Leica products availabilty
From: "Erwin Puts" <imxputs@knoware.nl>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 22:18:12 +0200

The tradition of Leica in the last decennium of the previous century is that
actual delivery is way behind announced dates.
For the M6 0.58 (I handled one for a longer period: excellent body for 24,
28, 35  and Tri-Elmar: finder is improved versus the normal M6, a shade more
more flare than the Konica, but much brighter) I expect hands on delivery at
the end of the year at the earliest. But the combo 2/28, new T-E and M6 0.58
and Motor will redefine reportage photography HCB style. Image quality of
the 2/28 really will make you shiver! report at 15 September, official date
of embargo.
For the 2/28: forget any pipe dreaming before spring 2001!!
For the new Replica of the Ur-Leica: selected dealers in Europe are
authorized to take orders, But delivery dates are not yet finalized. This is
not a limited production run, but production will run as long as orders are
flowing in! This camera brings you back to the period when the sources of
the Nile were a white space on the map and the Orient Express was the most
exciting travel experience you could get.
You just do not have to bring your own glass plates and emulsions!.
Erwin