Subject: Re: [Leica] .58 and 24 Framelines
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 10:24:58 +0100

bill,

i did read your lips the first time you posted the (to me) bad news that
the 'new' m6 vf won't have framelines for the 21 or 24. when erwin said
that the new vf would be better for 24 users, i asked for an explanation,
since from the admittedly little that we've heard about the 0.58 m6 to
date, there doesn't seem to be much of an advantage regarding the vf for
folks using a lens wider than the 28.

as that is a focal length i never use, the 0.58 becomes a moot point for
me, since the reason i (and many other 24 and 21 users, i suppose) would
buy it, would be to be able to use those wider lenses without the external
vf, something i can do already with 0.72 vf, provided i'm willing to
estimate what i'll capture on film by considering the whole vf as being
more or less approximate to the 24 view. i assume that this will also be
true of the 0.58.

guy

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] .58 and 24 Framelines)