Subject: Re: [Leica] [LENS] 15mm f11/22
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 00:07:05 -0700

At 7:27 PM -0400 9/5/00, Dante A Stella wrote:
>Isn't that like asking why would you pay for an M6 when you could buy an
>F100?!
>
>Come on, you have to admit the Lux looks cool!
>
>Stephen Gandy wrote:
>
>> why would anyone pay more than a 15 Heliar to get a much slower fixed
>>aperture
>> lens ?
>>
>> Stephen
>>
>> Jem Kime wrote:
>>
>> > Laurent,
>> > We have heard of this lens though I think you're the first person to have
>> > acquired one. If you have the capability to compare it with any other 15mm
>> > /16mm lenses then we'd be even more interested to hear of its abilities.
>> > Jem

At a geometric aperture of f/11, it is also not likely to outperform the
Heliar. On top of that, you have an effective aperture of f/22. Doesn't
sound like a winner to me. The only good thing about it is the bubble level
attachment.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com