Subject: Re: [Leica] Black and White film and developer combo
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 12:28:59 EDT

In a message dated 09/04/2000 9:19:47 AM, Frederik.Boone writes:

>Rodinal is a nice developer but I would not advise it for films with a
>
>speed above 100 asa, the grain is ugly with APX400.

Frederick,

I think this is the kind of question, that if you ask 100 photographers what
they like you will get 100 different answers.  Personally Agfa APX 400 in
Rodinal is one of my favorite combinations for 35mm.  I like the grain a lot.
 The acutance and tonality are also a good fit for many of the kinds of
photos I make.  APX 100 in Rodinal is my sheet film combination at the
moment.  I'm still learning all it can do.

Richard Wasserman

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Black and White film and developer combo)