Subject: Re: [Leica] Need some advice
From: John Brownlow <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 13:26:59 -0400

on 30/8/00 1:33 pm, Steve LeHuray at icommag@toad.net wrote:

>> BTW the Corolla is kind of like a Leica, in that no-one looks at it twice
>> despite the fact that it does everything any sane person could require of a
>> car driven on public roads in an urban environment!
>

> Replying to Johnny:
>
> Waay Kool man! I hope it is a Stealth Corolla fitted out with Dr Blacktapes
> Special Younge Street cruising Leicas mounted in the wheel wells and zone
> focused for the Bloor Street intersection

Zone focusing PAH! Nothing automatic about this bad boy! It's the all-manual
Toyata Historical Society of America corolla in vintage-style shit brown
paint! Nevertheless I have blacktaped the fabled Toyata 'red dot' and
installed a big ol' chevvy V8 with glasspack muffler. This thing will do 90
clicks in FIRST, I'm telling you. I fill the tank with Xtol 1:3, invert
twice, then drop the pedal to the metal, take a moment to check the DOF on
the ground glass windshield with a linen tester, pop the clutch and HOOOO
BAYYBEEYn you should see the expression on the faces of the guys in their
big ol' Porsche EOS 1's and Ferrari N90's when my shit-colored corolla
streaks away from them at the lights, pink ticket in hand, still critically
focussed despite the red shift. At that moment, CLICK! I have my picture,
and my work is done.

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com