Subject: Re: [Leica] tripod
From: Thomas Kachadurian <tom@kachadurian.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 07:40:52 -0400

Luggers:

I have used the Bogen/Manfrotto Carbon One Tripod for about 6 months.
With a Arca-Swiss B1 ball head it is light and very quick to use. I
have 4 tripods, and the other three have sat unused since I bought
the Carbon One.

Tom

>Have a look at the Manfrotto Carbon N One Pro carbon fiber tripod at
>
>http://www.manfrotto.com/products/index.html?doc_from=home
>
>I thought in some ways it looked better than the Gitzo 1228 that I own
>though time will tell how reliable those plastic levers will be. I
>didn't really take a very close look here. All else looked great-comfy
>and very handy to use.
>
>Jeff Segawa
>NO ARCHIVE
>

>Dan Honemann wrote:
>>
>> Right.  Which is precisely why I'm soliciting recommendations from anyone
>> who owns/uses a tripod that meets all of the qualifications Chris
>> enumerated, namely:
>>
>> 1. Is light weight and easy to transport.
>> 2. Can easily be set-up without having to adjust multiple twisties.
>> 3. Can be extended to eye level.
>>
>> Sounds like the Gitzo models excel at 1 and 3, but fail at 2, and that the
>> bogen models excel at 2 and 3 but fail at 1.
>>
>> If there's really no model that meet all these criteria, then I suppose one
>> must ask which is the greater price to pay, weight or ease/quickness of
>> set-up.

Thomas Kachadurian
www.kachadurian.com

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] tripod)