Subject: [Leica] Re: More cameras in the movies
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 10:00:25 -0700

Anyone see "Snow Falling On Cedars" ? It was awhile back, but I think there
were three scenes with a screw-mount Leica (IIIC?), used in connection with
the town's newspaper. However, in one scene it looked like the actor was
taking photos with the collapsible lens not extended! At least as a "period"
movie of the 1950's, they didn't add motor-whirring sound effects.

I enjoyed the movie for its slow, soft pace, excellent photography and just
enough moral dilema to keep you wondering. On DVD, the making-the-movie
trailers were very interesting, too. And the Leica seemed to fit the
character of the conscientious father who owned the newspaper.

Regards,
Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: More cameras in the movies)