Subject: [Leica] Re: Scala and other Agfa slide films
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 17:02:15 -0700

You can get great B&W slide results by shooting regular B&W negs, then slide
duplicating to the B&W "Kodak Ektagraphic HC (HCS) Slide Film". I use a
Honeywell Repronar, but an inexpensive lens-style slide duplicator could
also be used.  The film says that it is for black and white titles, but used
in a normal B&W developer, the tonal range is beautiful. I can also expose
the negative to give different densities, much like a print. However,
dodging and burning are difficult!

There is also a Leica device (ELDIA) for making contact prints in something
that looks like a Leica body. It's never been much of a collector's item, so
remains one of the cheapest of old-time Leica equipment. In any case, you
can get great B&W slide results, all in your own darkroom with Kodak's HCS
film.

Regards,
Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger