Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: More cameras in the movies
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 12:31:36 -0700

Gary Todoroff wrote:

> Anyone see "Snow Falling On Cedars" ? It was awhile back, but I think there
> were three scenes with a screw-mount Leica (IIIC?), used in connection with
> the town's newspaper. However, in one scene it looked like the actor was
> taking photos with the collapsible lens not extended! At least as a "period"
> movie of the 1950's, they didn't add motor-whirring sound effects.
>
> I enjoyed the movie for its slow, soft pace, excellent photography and just
> enough moral dilema to keep you wondering. On DVD, the making-the-movie
> trailers were very interesting, too. And the Leica seemed to fit the
> character of the conscientious father who owned the newspaper.
>
> Regards,
> Gary Todoroff
> Tree LUGger

I saw it, the Dad was Pulizter Prize winning Sam Shepard (played Chuck Yeager in
the right stuff) and also played Drums in a Local Band "The Holy Modal Rounders"
who played in the local tavern down the street here in Portland Oregon "The Earth"
Mark William Rabiner

Sam Shepard is a playright as well as an actor.

Message from "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com> ([Leica] Re: More cameras in the movies)