Subject: [Leica] Lens challenge
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 21:41:46 -0400

OK, as promissed, here are four images taken with (in no particluar order):

Nikor 50/1.4 AI mounted on Nikon F2
Minolta 50/1.4 mounted on Minolta 9xi
DR Summicron 50/2 mounted on Leica M6
Summilux 50/1.4 mounted on Leica M6

All these photos were taken on the same roll of film, and scanned so that
the colour balance was as close as possible to each other (though I make no
gaurantees that they are the best possible).  All Photoshop adjustments
(such as curves) were saved and applied equally to all four images.

As may be obvious, the sun was setting during the test, and it took some
time to unload and reload the film into each of the four cameras, so
exposures changed during the time of the test.  Also, I had no tripod and
had to try and stay in one place for all of the photographs.  And, last but
not least, I had a bored model on my hands....

Check out the last row of images (it will be obvious which ones apply) in
the portfolio link at http://www.photoartworld.com/leica/.  Try and
identify Photos A, B, C, and D.

Perhaps if there is interest I will post enlarged sections of each image
for further comparisons

I hope to actually redo this entire site and amalgamate it with my other
sites, along with better photographs.  Until then, consider this one to be
the proverbial "under construction".

One day I will try and repeat this test, under more constant conditions and
with tripod etc.

Dan C.

Replies: Reply from Axel Schwieker <axel@baer.rwth-aachen.de> (Re: [Leica] Lens challenge)
Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> (Re: [Leica] Lens challenge)