Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Portraiture by window light
From: telyt560@cswebmail.com
Date: 22 Aug 2000 18:52:48 -0700

On Tue, 22 August 2000, Jeff Moore wrote:

> 2000-08-21-11:29:43 Ted Grant:
> > Just wondered if anyone out there has done any "serious portrait work"
> > using only window light? In colour or B&W, and what film/lens
> > combination they used?
>
> Oh, okay, I'll pony up few of my meagre efforts in that area just to
> make people feel better about their own work.

<SNIP>

> http://people.oven.com/jbm/temp-displays/windowlight/
>
> Funny thing... people always talked about how beautiful Julia is, but
> I never quite noticed myself until I saw the photos.  Is that weird?

It's because the makup she's using, obvious in the color photo, hides her beauty.  I don't see it in the b&w photos and it makes her look fantastic.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
Visit the Northwestern Alumni Association portal
page at http://www.nualumni.com  to get free
web-based e-mail and many other exciting features.