Subject: Re: [Leica] b.d.'s planning something dangerous!
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 10:47:48 +1000

"B. D. Colen" wrote:

> I think the best test of
> whether someone has become a full-blown Leicaholic, as opposed to just being
> someone with a bit of a Leica "problem," is whether or not they tell
> themselves and others that the rangefinder flare is a good thing, part of
> the outstanding design.:-)
>
> B. D.

Oh I'm full blown all right. :)  So many of my customers say nice things
about Leica photos of their kids or themselves, it's easy to be happy
with the gear.  Even if the gear does go 'tits up' sometimes.

I just don't see why flare is such a problem to people.  If I'm looking
through the hole properly, I get the proper view.  Same applies to all
of my reflex cameras, my binoculars, my telescopes.....

I don't hear anyone saying, 'My telescope gives me a shitty image if I
don't look through it straight!  Piece of rubbish!'

I'd be really keen to hear peoples' results from checking their 0.85
viewfinders using the method I recently posted, under the 'Glasses and
viewfinder ...' thread.  Go on, have a good careful look.  You might see
how the different flare characteristics of my two bodies caught me out
when I was still inexperienced with the new 0.85 model.  And why I don't
have a problem with my 0.72 flaring when I'm looking through crooked.

See ya

Rick Dykstra