Subject: Re: [Leica] Why M is so popular?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 00:55:06 -0700

Terry Sham wrote:

> Many people are using M. Many people want to buy M. Many books and magazines
> talk about M. Unfortunately, I want to buy a R. Why M is more pupular than
> R? Am I right to buy a R?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Terry Sham

Might makes right!
The optical quality of Leica M glass it in a class by itself.
	There is stuff you can do in glass design on a rangefinder you can't do on an SLR.
		Particularly in the wide angle lenses
As a rangefinder camera is it quiet:
	no mirror black out
	no mirror vibrion.
	No waiting for the mirror come up before the shutter can start moving.
	No pentaprism on top of the camera
	and you can see around the frame lines so you can easily frame as much for what
you don't want as much as what you do want in the picture.
	It is not built for obsolescence but is an enduring, slowly evolving classic.
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com> (Re: [Leica] Why M is so popular?)