Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M2
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 21:55:36 -0700

Steve Caspersen wrote:

> What meter do you suggest?
><Snip>

There seems to be a plethora of lightweight compact digital meters out there now
all of a sudden.
The one I use is a Gossen Luna-pro digital F which will not weigh down a top
shirt pocket.
It will do a narrower angle reflective or a slide diffuser dome for incident and
also flash.

If it's not tending to be a low light situation I'll use my Gossen Pilot 2 which
is itsy-bitsy you can even put it on a hot shoe, very shockproof despite the
needle and will do incident or reflective. This is a Selenium meter so is
battery free.
I'm sure i have two more of this same meter.
One is inside my Rolleiflex 2.8 F
The other is inside my crank for my Hasselblad.
I think the odds are that the insides are the same made by Gossen.
Gossen is the name i think of when I think of meters.

But my spot meter is the Minolta Spot Meter F because I need it to do flash.
I don't carry around a spot meter as often because the optics make them heavy
and more breakable.
Pitak showed my his Pentax zone VI modified spot meter last week and It was half
the size and weight. But it almost seems funny to use this meter for color with
the grey scale zone system thing on top.
Mark William Rabiner

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica M2)
Message from "Steve Caspersen" <mectau@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica M2)