Subject: Re: [Leica] Recipe for using Xtol developer; WAS: Varianton"Food for Leicas"
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 16:33:44 -0700

Jesse Hellman wrote:

> I used Xtol 1:2 until I read Kodak's warning about the need for 100ml of
> the stock solution per roll. I thought it better to be safe, so changed
> to 1:1. The results have been excellent.
>
> Jesse

To chime in again I gleefully ignore Kodak's warning about the need for 100 ml
of the stock solution per roll.
Just give it another couple of minutes from a recommended time it probably turns out.
I put 4 rolls in a 4 roll one liter tank.
No problemo!
and that's 1:3 so that's 62.5ml per roll instead of their lawyers request of
100. :)
Go figure! Works great!
Mark William Rabiner
:)
I'm doing metal tanks and reels if you are doing Jobo I can't help you.
Too many other variables in which I am not as familiar.

Message from ksherman <ksherman@cottenmusic.com> (Re: [Leica] Recipe for using Xtol developer; WAS: Variant on"Food for Leicas")
Message from Jesse Hellman <palio@miata.net> (Re: [Leica] Recipe for using Xtol developer; WAS: Varianton"Food for Leicas")