Subject: RE: [Leica] CONDEMN Ebay? M6 FOR SALE
From: Robert Jagitsch <robertj@powerlogix.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 10:13:43 -0500

>There is a difference, humble correspondent, and it is that in the first
>instance, one is offering his- in your case- colleagues an item at a fair
>price.  In the second instance, friends are being invited to a feeding
>frenzy at which their host stands to benefit to the greatest extent.  Of
>course one may argue that nobody is forced to bid at e-bay or to pay too
>much for an item, but one may also argue that there is no place for civility
>and friendship within a use group.  I say that calling upon members of this
>group to bid on one's e-bay offering is a violation of our camaraderie.
>Anyone is free to disagree.
>
>	Buzz Hausner

See my follow up post. I have followed the unwritten rule by posting
things for sale on the LUG on Fridays, and have no qualms about
referring to the ebay auctions if there is no LUG interest. However,
I don't in the least consider it a violation of anything if someone
refers to ebay without first posting on LUG.

- -R

- -------
PowerLogix R&D, Inc.
Main Office: 3921 Steck Avenue, Suite A105 Austin, TX 78759
(512) 795-2978 x107 (512) 795-2981 FAX