Subject: RE: [Leica] CONDEMN Ebay? M6 FOR SALE
From: Robert Jagitsch <robertj@powerlogix.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 10:10:29 -0500

>There is indeed a difference between the LUG and Ebay - Ebay's the place you
>go to get the highest, most ludicrous and unjustified price out of anyone
>stupid enough to pay it - The LUG is the place you offer your gear for sale
>to friends at a fair price. The LUG is NOT an auction house or billboard.

B. D.

What you are saying is that LUGgers deserve automatic price breaks
(for what reason?), whereas eBay is a true open market for world
bidders. I don't see how an auction could be considered as generating
'unjustified' prices. No one is forcing people to bid. :)

I have posted many items over the past several weeks on the LUG. Last
week I sold an M2 and an M5 for my asking price. But an M3, M4 and M6
went unsold, in fact, no inquiries at all.

So, I posted the M6 on ebay with no reserve, and a $2 initial bid. I
don't know what more I could do to make it easy for LUG or ebay (or
LUGgers who buy off ebay.)

- -R

- -------
PowerLogix R&D, Inc.
Main Office: 3921 Steck Avenue, Suite A105 Austin, TX 78759
(512) 795-2978 x107 (512) 795-2981 FAX