Subject: Re: [Leica] "notoriously crappy" lens
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 15:57:42 EDT

mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com writes:

<< Although the push-me-pull-you action was solid! >>

From which it may be inferred that you, Bob Schwalberg and everyone else with
any sense, prefers the rigid Summicron, dual-range or otherwise, to the
collapsible ("NCL").  Well, I agree.
However, if you want or need to make a fashion statement with a collapsible,
I say buy the coated Summitar.  Within its quite genuine but reasonable
limitations, it is quite a pleasant lens.  It is also a real price performer,
at about $200 for a clean example.
If you really want to be flamboyant, mount the huge SOOPD lens hood and
become an instant street shooter hero.  Hardly anyone will recognize the rig
as a camera with lens.  However,  some people are scared as hell to let you
point it in their direction, fearing the worst.  As Abraham Lincoln said, you
cannot fool all of the people all of the time.  Modern politicians are out to
prove him wrong.

Joe Sobel

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] "notoriously crappy" lens)