Subject: Re: [Leica] Identifying Leica Lenses
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 15:43:14 EDT

In a message dated 8/5/00 2:42:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time, CapsTeeth@aol.com
writes:

<< I bought that book the past March when I was trying out an R8 + lenses.  I
 returned it to the store along with the R equipment which, unlike SLR's in
 general, I did find distasteful. >>

In that case, try the 1991 edition.  It goes only to the R7.  Personally, for
$300, I am satisfied with my late model R4 for occasional use.
By the way, just to place your experience in perspective, I defied reason and
bought a new M6 TTL a few months ago.  My first factory-new camera since 1976
turned out to have a definite vertical misalignment in the rangefinder.  On
the vain assumption that close scrutiny would be unnecessary, I did not
examine the body closely upon taking delivery.  My impression is that this
condition must be either no longer adjustable or unreasonably difficult to
correct.  Either way, the factory rep sent the dealer a new unit immediately.
 The replacement is fine.  The present mode of operation at Solms appears to
be to ease off on quality control and stress after-sale adjustment, such as
swapping the bum unit for a new one.  In your case, you got a full refund.
Not as gratifying as getting what you bargained for, is it?

Joe Sobel