Subject: Re: [Leica] Dr. Strangelens, or....
From: ralph fuerbringer <rof@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 12:52:12 -0400

schwalberg did nothing without a reason.   after making measurements to a
1000th of an mm of a ng collapsible erected,  he carried the lens around for
several months, collapsing and extending thousands of times at odd moments.
he repeated the measurements several times during this test. variations
from the start point to the finish convinced him to leave a new lens
extended to guarantee the kind of lasting precision he demanded.long before
this test i discussed with bob why zeiss stopping making a collapsable 50f2
sonnar: to guarantee precision. another factor to consider: during the time
lag to save a centimeter or so you could loose the picture.
though a leica loyalist bob like peter moore carted around an om4t, somes
just for its incredible exposure system. both considered  it superior to
any other camera in that respect and to any stand alone meter for daylight,
tungsten regardless of backgrounds or conflicting subject reflectance.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Dr. Strangelens, or....)