Subject: [Leica] WAS: Focusing a 280 F2.8??? And lots more
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 16:47:10 -0700

I think my request for tips to focus got lost in the milieu of emotions.  I
have been into RF cameras ( Zeiss Contax ) since 1963.  SLR's since 1965.  I
do use a tripod when possible.  I do not expect my shots from long lenses to
be terribly successful without the tripod.  Maybe because I shake too
much.... so....Having said that, Ted's advice on building up the upper body
is a good one.

However, other than 1 writer who suggested the use of NO back and forth
focusing to get it right, I have not had too many suggestions.

You might think a 300 F2.8 is bright... you are right, it is very bright in
the VF.  But that does help the small DOF, but there nust be a few more
tricks the pros can give us.....

VF screens? Since we are all Leica enthusiasts, a Leica recommendation would
be nice, but maybe something for us Nikon fans?
Ditto the Canon folk out there.....

Are there other tricks to help us out?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net