Subject: [Leica] Diffraction limited lenses
From: "Clompus, Dr. Richard [SLGUS]" <RCLOMPUS@SLGUS.JNJ.COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 15:58:12 -0400

Mark,

You wrote:  "And I think there is one out there with no aperture blades but
a series of plates with perfect holes in them that you insert in for
different F stops. Intriguingly hard core."

Actually the Minolta TC-1 titanium point and shoot has such an arrangement
for apertures.  It is a disc with a series of holes drilled into it.  To
change apertures, you turn the edge of the disc.  It is very different from
anything else out there today.  I'm not sure how much financial success
Minolta has had with the design.

Richard

Richard Clompus, OD
Roanoke, VA