Subject: Re: [Leica] Making a back to back lens coupler
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 21:37:43 -0500

>I want to glue two of the latest rear lens caps together to make a back
>to back lens coupler. The grey thing leica sells should be closed and
>deeper for 21mm lens, etc.
>
>I figure if I just glue them tother they will separate, at a most
>inopportune time. Anyone do this and know what works?
>
>It does look like that ridge should be sanded down to improve the
>contact surface area.
>
>TIA,
>Dennis

I did this with two Nikon caps back in 86 or 87.  They both are still
glued together after years of use in a newsphotographers bag.  Heck
they are still together right now and I have drilled out the center
part.  I no longer shoot Nikon and have turned my old 50 1.4 AIS into
a loupe and use the hollowed out lens caps as an eye cup. (Thanks to
Mark R for this idea).

I used super glue back when I did this.  Guess it would work on the
Leica plastic as well as it did the Nikon stuff.
- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net